Low Vision Services
"It's amazing how much easier it is now to do the things that I love - the simple things, like watching TV for example. Guide Dogs provided the tools I needed to make this possible. It's just wonderful." - Betty, Vision Services Client
When glasses just aren't enough
Our low vision specialists can teach independent living skills to people who are blind, or have a vision impairment.
They work on an individual basis with clients providing assistance with:
- magnification provision and training
- functional vision assessment
- daily living activities
- adaptive aids
- lighting recommendations.
We’re well equipped to help
We have a range of equipment to help people with low vision including:
- large print and tactile daily living aids
- talking clocks and watches
- large print playing cards
- needle threaders
- liquid level indicators (useful for making hot drinks safely).
Apply for our Vision Services
To apply for services or to find out more follow the link to our online referral form or call us on Your Support Line 1800 757 738.
For more information on what an optometrist can do for you and how to find the right optometrist, please visit the Optometrist Association of South Australia (SA) website